While I’ve been busy on Prydwen 2 with Stephanie, we’ve also been working together with 2 other folks to create Fat Loot Games and our first release!
We’re almost art complete and working on our 50+ levels right now, and Laura just finished the first handmade plush for the red dragon tier:
I hope you guys will check it out! Prydwen has always been my personal project, but my full time job has been in games since 2006. With my partners Laura and Jason, and with Stephanie learning up, we’ve been diligently working away on this since the beginning of summer.
Firstt and foremost I’d like to apologize this taken me so long to update the site. I appreciate you all coming by and checking to see when the site updates.
I’m pleased to say that the comic will now update through the entirety of prydwen one without interruption twice a week, Mondays and Fridays. By the time this comic cycle ends, we should be ready to go right into prydwen 2.
Back in November I had median nerve entrapment surgery on my drawing arm, and the recovery has not been as quick as I’d hoped. In these past months, I’ve been trying to figure out how I can still produce a quality comic in a reasonable amount of time. Fortunately there’s some fantastic tools that help my creative process, I’m actually using DragonDictate right now and write this post.
Fortunately the solution presented herself earlier this spring, and I’ve taken on an artist Stephanie Johnson as an intern. In upcoming weeks you’ll get a chance to see some of the preproduction work Stephanie and I have been doing.
Please know I read every comment, and love hearing back from you all. When I get home from the con, I’ll try to go back and respond to all the unanswered comments.
I’ll be at San Diego comic con this weekend at table 1236, if you’re going to be at the kind have any questions please stop by!
I’ve teamed up with Fur Affinity and Sofawolf to celebrate the release of Prydwen: Gods and Monsters, available now!
The contest is running from now until June 4th, all you have to do is create a Fur Affinity account and upload your image with the tag “prydwencontest” .
== Prizes ==
* 1st Place – Wacom Intuos 5 (Medium) + 1 Year of FA Advertising
* 2nd Place – Wacom Intuos 5 (Small) + 6 Months of FA Advertising
* 3rd Place – $50 Gift Cert. to Sofa Wolf Press’ store + 3 Months of FA Advertising
* Honorable Mentions – $20 Gift Certificates to Sofa Wolf Press’ store
== The Rules ==
* All entries must feature characters from the Prydwen comic. No original characters!
* All entries will be judged on concept, execution and faithfulness to source material. We encourage artists to use their own style in keeping with the comic.
* Entries must be upload to FA with the keyword “prydwencontest” and be rated no higher than Mature. Pin-ups are fine, but NO adult art.
* By submitting to the contest, you give the right for your entry to be posted on deadbeatgods.com and Sofawolf’s site.
Full details can be found here
I did an interview with the awesome guys at the Indeed Podcast talking about Prydwen, check it out!